Display Easter sweets and treats with this nature-inspired candy tree. A terra-cotta pot, some florist foam, and scrapbook materials will have little ones thinking candy does grow on trees.
-Plastic foam or florist foam
-6" terra-cotta pot
-Small (but sturdy!) branches from your yard
-Assorted Easter candy in plastic eggs
-Double-sided scrapbook paper
-Glue gun and glue sticks
Steps 1 and 2
1. Place foam in the terra-cotta pot to secure branches. Arrange branches to create a nicely shaped "tree," making sure that you have enough strong branches to hang the candy cones.
2. Cover the foam with reindeer moss; then top with plastic eggs filled with candy.
Steps 3 and 4
3. Cut paper into 4" to 5" squares. (Mix and match patterns for added impact.)
4. Roll into cone shapes; then secure with a line of hot glue.
Steps 5 and 6
5. Punch a hole on each side of the cone, and attach ribbon for hanging.
6. Stuff a little tissue into the bottom of the cone, and add the candy.