Start with Slow-Cooker Grits. Simplify your morning and soak the grits the night before.
- Or try this twist: Slow-Cooker Cheese Grits
Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese with cream until melted.
Then, create a grits bar. Offer staples that your guests can mix-and-match to create mouth-watering flavor combos. These are our favorite:
More from Southern Living
- Boiled Shrimp + Easy Creole Sauce
- Bourbon Mushrooms + Spinach + Swiss + Bacon
- Chopped Ham + Shredded Cheddar
- Caramelized Onions + Shredded Smoked Gruyère
- Shredded Barbecued Pork + BBQ Sauce + Sautéed Spinach
Wash it down with Bloody Mary Punch. Instead of stirring all the ingredients together, serve optional shots of vodka on the side, and let your guests add it or not.
Take it one step further and use your grits as batter for Georgia Grits Waffles. Serve with Vanilla Crème Anglaise and Maple-Bacon Praline Syrup.