Get a spectacular look and big flavors for less than $10 a person.
- Feta Cheese Truffles
- Chicken Scaloppine with Spinach and Linguine
- Easy Three-Seed Pan Rolls
- Sweet Dip with Cookies and Fruit
photo: For a simple look, we covered a 6-foot table with two king-size sheets from the clearance aisle. A remnant of decorator fabric was used to make a table runner and napkins.
1 Week Ahead
photo: Look for old canning jars and interesting containers, such as this baby bathtub, to display beverages.
Up to 3 Days Ahead
photo: Serve Feta Cheese Truffles with cucumbers, tomatoes, almonds, and olives.
1 Day Ahead
- Measure wet and dry ingredients for Chicken Scaloppine with Spinach and Linguine. Place in small bowls or zip-top plastic bags; cover or seal. If necessary, refrigerate ingredients. (Don't cook pasta.)
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; cut in half crosswise. Cover and chill.
- Thoroughly wash and pat spinach dry, and place in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and chill.
- Place flowers in selected vases.
- Set table.
3 to 4 Hours Before Sitting Down To Eat
30 minutes before guests arrive:
- Let truffles stand at room temperature. Arrange on tray with accompaniments.
photo: Sweet Dip with Cookies and Fruit is reminiscent of buttercream frosting secretly swiped off a cake.
30 Minutes Before Sitting Down to Eat
20 minutes before sitting down to eat:
- Bake rolls.
- Prepare Chicken Scaloppine. If you don't have enough oven space to keep batches of chicken warm, place on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined pan, and tent with foil.
photo: Easy Three-Seed Pan Rolls start with frozen bread dough but taste as if they're made from scratch.