1. Always count on a classic: Investing in trend-proof pieces will keep you in style. This spring, we’ve chosen a navy-and-white floral dress in a flirty chiffon fabric to be our closet staple. It can be dressed up or down for any occasion.
2. Know when to accessorize: Be sure to keep bold and fun accessories in your closet. By adding them to a classic dress, like the one we chose above, you’ll be able to wear it to many different occasions.
3. Never stop looking to Mama for style inspiration: We’ve said it before, but we couldn’t leave it off such an important list. You learn a lot from your mama and her beauty secrets are always on point. Take what she has learned in the past and incorporate those pieces of wisdom into your modern beauty routine.
More from Southern Living
4. Sometimes we can teach Mama a thing or two: Don’t be afraid to share a new trick or tip you’ve learned with her! Mama doesn’t want her beauty routine to get stale. She loves to be able to say, “Oh, I learned that one from my daughter!”
5. Multitasking products are worth every cent: We all know that busy schedules are just a given these days. Save some time when you’re getting ready with beauty products that have more than one purpose. Not only do you cut down on the number of products you have to apply, but you’ll probably save money too.
6. Great style is ageless: Don’t be afraid to incorporate something from Mama’s closet. Worked into an outfit the right way, you’ll be pulling off a classic
7. Invest in products that actually work: These editor-tested, Mama-approved products have earned a spot on our vanities and they should make their way onto yours as well. At some point you’ve just got to accept that there isn’t anything better.
8. Effortless style is in: With warmer weather on the way, embrace the coastal vibe.
9. Make every day a good hair day with Texas-size volume: It might not be the ‘80s, but big hair is still important. Make your volume modern with a new routine.
10. No place is too small for big style: Don’t be afraid to stand out. Embrace your personal style.