Valentine's Day is on the horizon, and you might be trying to come up with something cute and giftable that’s also affordable enough to give to your whole crew. This easy-to-make lip balm will only take five minutes to whip up and comes with a benefit most sweet Valentine’s Day treats don’t—it’s calorie free. The recipe below will make about 8 oz., and depending on the size container you choose, you can make for a group of 5 to 50. Here, we’ve linked to 5ml plastic containers that should yield about 45 lip balms. Sounds like you’ve got the presents for your fellow church choir members figured out!
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons beeswax
- 12 drops peppermint essential oil
- Small balm containers
More from Southern Living
- Heat coconut oil and beeswax in a pourable microwave-safe measuring cup in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Add essential oil and blend well.
- Pour into empty lip balm tubes or pots. Allow to cool and give away!