We’ve all been there—hoping for a great hair day yet feeling uninspired. We’ve found some of the most talented stylists across the South who are sharing their hairstyle innovations on Instagram and giving us back the how-tos and vision we need, to do what we Southerners do best—have great hair.
- Irrelephant—Birmingham, AL @irrelephantblog: The talented duo–Molly Stilley and Joanna Ballentine–behind the blog never disappoint with romantic textured updos, and gorgeous photo styling.
More from Southern Living
- Africa Miranda—Atlanta, GA @africamiranda: This jet-setting natural hair enthusiast also recently introduced a skincare line. Get your fill of lovely hairstyles against an array of exotic backdrops, from Dominican beaches to Caracas waters.
- Kate Bryant—Raleigh, NC @K8_smallthings: Bryant makes motherhood look easy and lovely with her hair and family-centric posts that also touches on her favorite beauty finds.
- Ash & Co.—Charleston, SC @ashandcobridalhair: These hair and makeup specialists are pinning up some of the prettiest wedding styles in the Lowcountry, and making us wish everyday was worthy of an elegant updo.
- Lula Hair and Makeup—Raleigh, NC @lulahairmakeup: You’ll find lots of soft curls and romantic swept back looks when you start to follow the very talented Samantha Ray’s company account.
- Mikel Rumsey—Charleston, SC @mikelrumsey: If classic with a modern twist is your go-to look, them you’ll find plenty of inspiration here.
- Studio 285—Evans, GA @studio285: Hair salon Studio 285 is a little edgier showing the right way to wear grown-out roots, and even how a Southern boy can pull off a hipster haircut.
- Molly Gee—Madison, MS @mollygeehairstyles: From sleek blowouts to braid-embellished ‘dos, when it comes to hair, there is nothing this girl doesn’t do well.
- Jami Svay—Charlotte, NC @jamisvay: Meet your new beauty hero: Jami Svay. She trots the globe styling hair and working with the likes of Julianne Moore, Gaby Douglas, and Karlie Kloss, and she still calls the South her home in North Carolina.
- Greg Pike—New Orleans, LA @gregpikehair: Keeping hair gorgeous down in Crescent City, Greg Pike won’t leave you lacking motivation to make the most of your natural look.